I had to laugh at a recent guild application, which reminded me of some funny ones we’d get in my old pre-TBC guild which I would routinely scan and respond to on the web site (I was more or less informally the guild’s PR officer at that time).
So here’s a little list of things to do when you don’t want to make things too easy on yourself when applying to a guild:
- Instead of copying and filling in the application form in a new thread on the guild’s recruitment forum, reply to the application template. Obviously, you are so awesome your application needs to remain in plain view for future applicants
- Don’t link your armoury, recruitment officers should have something to do to kill time, and letting them figure out which one among the bazillion Legolaselfxxx you are will teach them to look up to Greatness
- Don’t post your spec, just assure you’re willing to respec… if requested
- Brag about how good you are at delivering top DPS, the fact that you’re a hunter with 5/51/5 spec clearly shows you know your class’ cookie-cutter best damage build (good thing BRK doesn’t read Altitis or we’d have to call in life support about now)
- Decent spelling and grammar is for tossers
- “ermmmmmm [insert 12 more "ms" here]” shows that you are a thoughtful person, and it also allows your readers to share your superior state of mind
- Apply as a raider to a guild raiding on weekdays when your playtime is restricted to the weekends
- Copy-Paste an application form you used for a completely different guild
- Bonus points if the name of the other guild is still in the copy-pasted form, recruitment officers should know you’re hot stuff and will also invite others to tender for your services
- Extra Jackpot if you actually copy / pasted your brother’s application form to a BT guild when you’re applying to Kara without being keyed
- Lots of lol, u, wud definitely give your speech more colouration. In particular if you suggest you’re from a place where English is, usually, the first language
- “That sounds a littel gay lol” is the absolute best way to complete your application form, unless you somehow manage to sneak “up yours” in somewhere.
There you go.